Earlier this winter we hosted a Sledding Party that included a hot chocolate bar. I decided to experiment a bit with the size of the garland banners in the Let It Snow printable party collection, printing them out at half size. You can see the same style of banner at a make your own ice cream sundae bar we had last summer, using the banner in the Ice Cream Sundae collection at full size.
Resizing banners is pretty easy. I essentially printed the banner at half size by printing two pages per printer page. This is really a function of your printer. I’m going to go through the steps I took using my printer, but since all printers are different things may look different in your printers dialog box.
Open the PDF document, with the banner you want to print, in Adobe Reader. In my case the diyPaperJoy Let It Snow Printable Party Collection printables PDF from the Let It Snow Printable Party Collection.
1. From the toolbar, select Fit one full page to window for easier viewing.
2. From the toolbar, click on Show next page (Right Arrow) until you have the first page of the garland banners in the window, in my case page 18.
3. Select File 4. and then Print to bring up the Print dialog box.
5. Under Pages to Print, select Pages and type in the page range of the garland you wish to print, in my case pages 18-23. 6. Under Page Sizing & Handling, select Multiple.
7. Under Pages per sheet select 2.
Note: You can experiment with how many Pages per sheet you would like to print. Choosing more pages per sheet will make your banner flags even smaller.
8. Make sure the cardstock/paper you would like to print your banner on is loaded in the printer then select Print.
A note about purchasing collections from the shop – Immediately after purchase, you will be sent an email containing the link to download your collection. After unzipping the download file you will find one or more PDF files, depending on the collection, but usually one file with instructions and tips on working with the printables and one (or more) files with the actual printables. To open the files you will need Adobe Reader, available as a free download here at adobe.com
The advantage to being able to resize the banners is that you can hang a garland that suits the space you have available. In the case of a hot chocolate bar the full size garland would work well for a wall over a large buffet or table set up where the smallest banners would work well for a small hot chocolate bar set-up on a small table or a counter.
The collections in the shop are very versatile and have lots of options for customization to suit the needs of your get-together or party set-up.
Whether you are a new reader here or know your way around already, I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment and let me know what you think, if there is anything you would like to see more of here or if you have any questions.
Shop Talk is a blog series featuring tips, tricks and tutorials for working with items from the shop. For more posts in this series click here.