Fall Picnic and Waterfall Tour
A fall picnic + a family adventure is one of my favorite things to do on the weekend. We have spent a few weekends this fall playing tourist in our own backyard and loving it. Over two weekends we visited six of the eight waterfalls on the Grey County Waterfall Tour. The weather wasn’t the best, cold and wet, but the waterfalls and scenery were beautiful, and the time together was wonderful.
We have plans to explore more of our own backyard, as fall turns into winter, and something that makes our time as a family even more special is packing along a picnic. It can turn an ordinary weekend outing into a memorable one. And the setting couldn’t be more perfect.
Fall Picnic – what we brought:
- Basket to carry everything in. It was cold and temperature was not an issue for us with regard to keeping food cold, so a basket worked, but in warmer temperatures a cooler would be better.
- Blanket. Nice to sit on. And did I mention, it was cold.
- Thermos or two filled with something hot to drink and/or eat. We packed hot apple cider and soup.
- Hot beverage cups. These work for hot drinks and/or soup.
- Hearty food. Adventures make you hungry. We packed sandwiches, soup (chili or stew would be nice too) and fruit.
- A treat. Because we earned it. We brought chocolate chip cookies.
- Utensils + napkins
I pre-made the sandwiches and made labels for them (and for a few other items). I’m not sure about your family but everyone in my family has different tastes. Plus self serve is always encouraged. I used the Hello Fall Printable Party Collection to make all the labels. You can find it in the shop.
Do you have any family adventures planned this weekend? Why not turn it into a fall picnic.
I’d love to hear about it if you do, so leave a comment telling me about your adventures.
Have a great weekend.